Another journal entry from me! Hooray.
One question you would ask Alasdair Duncan, author of Metro?
Purely because I am coming from an Educational context, I'm trying to frame my questions in a way that would be beneficial to me in my future classroom.
1. "How important do you think having specific personalities for your characters is?" I would expect the answer to be 'very important', although I don't think THE MAIN CHARACTER IN METRO really has a set, stable personality. There are a few moments when he slips into being too insightful, nearly omnipotent and I don't think this insight is in line with his arrogant nature throughout the rest of the novel.
2. "How could the nature of stable personalities be taught/addressed in English classrooms?" As I don't consider myself to be a 'writer' and don't have a background in creative industries (or any sort of strength in creative writing) the ways in which a writer actually constructs that narrative is foreign to me. After attempting to write a short story of my own (for another creative unit) I discovered how difficult it was to write dialogue and keep that stable persona for each character.